There is something about ethnic wear – no matter what the occasion, chances are that ethnic clothes will suit the occasion – from a casual day out with your family, to a wedding; from a day at office to partying with your college besties, there is little that you will not be able to do in ethnic outfits. And when you shop at affordable clothing sites like Shree, you can be sure that you will have access to designer clothes, without having to break the bank!
Curating a wardrobe that has designer ethnic sets for literally every occasion need not be rocket science – all you need to do is keep a few factors in mind and you should be able to build a wardrobe that is ready for you, whenever you need it.
- Occasion: This perhaps has to be the very top of your shopping list, because there is literally no point picking out outfits that don’t work for your requirements. If you are a homemaker, you will need outfits that are comfortable, easy to maintain and easy on the body, which means that you will need to invest in kurta set for women that are made with cotton or rayon, which are easy to wear and easy to maintain. For the working women, you will need something a little more elegant and slightly more formal and every once in a while, when you have to party or partake in festive occasions, you will need to have a few outfits ready for that too. This is when you can look for heavier fabrics and outfits that have work and embellishments.
- Fabrics: Actually, the occasion for which you are picking the ethnic wear for women will help dictate your choice in terms of fabrics. So, let’s say you are looking for outfits that you can use on a daily basis, you will want to look at cotton, which is comfortable or rayon which will work for the entire day, without getting crumpled or losing its sheen. For a wedding or a festive occasion, you will want to look at more regal fabrics, such as silk, satin and even velvet. Your choice of fabric will also be dependent on the weather outside – so while silk might not work for the summers, cotton might not be the best option for the winters either.
- Colours: This is where your true taste in clothes will emerge – are you someone who likes to lean more towards lighter colours and pastel shades or do your hands run towards bright vibrant colours. However, it would be wise to pick colours that not only work with your skin tone, but also speak to the occasion. While a deep purple with gold embellishment work might be a good choice for a housewarming party, you would want a pastel version of the same purple for office. Same goes with the weather – lighter and softer colours work better for the hotter months of the year, but you can choose deep dark shades for the colder months.
- Prints and patterns: When you are looking to buy stylish ethnic wear to curate your perfect wardrobe, you need to pay ample attention to prints and patterns, mainly because there is plenty of choice at Shree. However, you need to make your choices with care, because when you are shopping for casual wear, you can be bold and creative with your choices, but should you be shopping for office wear, you need to stick to smaller prints and patterns that seem less busy. For special occasions of course, you can play around with the prints and patterns, but do make sure that they play to the event and will not make you seem out of place.
- Bottom wear: This is one aspect that most people tend to ignore, simply because they feel that the bottom wear is something that not all would pay attention to. However, the entire look of an outfit depends on what bottom wear you team it with – a kurta will look different when you wear it with a salwar and the same kurta will give you a different look when you team it with a pair of leggings. The very same kurta will offer you a new look when teamed with some palazzos and a different look when worn with jeans. So, depending on what occasion you are looking to pick the outfit for, choose the bottom wear with care too. When you choose to shop at Shree, you will be able to pick from carefully curated designer ethnic sets that come with complimentary bottoms.
- Fitting: All said and done, no matter how pretty the kurti pant set with dupatta looks, if it doesn’t fit you well, there is no way it will look good on you. At Shree, we understand the body, which is why our sizes are all in keeping with the perfect fit; however, there can be times, when the outfit could be slightly loose and in those cases, we recommend, you getting the fitting adjusted at the hands of a really good tailor. When the outfit fits you well, you will see the magic of the design, the colours and the entire look come to life!
At Shree, we are constantly looking to create interesting looks for the modern woman of today and while the final choice of how you want to create your look falls completely with you, here are just some options that we think are cool and classy:
- What is great about kurta and kurti sets is that they can be as simple and as heavy as you want and you can get them in the most interesting prints, patterns and colour combinations. You can not only play around with the length and flair of the kurta and kurti, but also the bottom wear to create unique looks. From simple kurta set with dupatta that you can wear to work or when you are out shopping to elaborate and intricately designed ones that can make you the star at weddings and special occasions, there is much to choose from.
- There is something so graceful and feminine about the anarkali, which is probably why, it is much loved by women of almost all age groups. Like the kurta, you can experiment with the length of the anarkali; whether you choose something that stops just below the knee or goes all the way to your ankles, you can be sure that with an anarkali from Shree, you will be a showstopper. And while the traditional pairing is generally with leggings, you can always try them out with a lehenga to create a look perfect for a wedding or with some palazzos to design your very own designer kurta sets.
- When you have a stunning long kurta with embroidery or stone work, why pair it with a simple legging or salwar, when you can create a statement by teaming it with some glamourous looking sharara pants. You can add a jacket to enhance the look or even a heavy work dupatta to create a look ready for a wedding. What is interesting is that if you own a really well fitting and classy pair of sharara pants, you can wear it with shorter kurtis or even crop tops to create multiple interesting looks.
- Another wonderful idea for ethnic sets for girls would be to use a really glamourous long jacket – something in silk or a double layered one with lace or net would be a good investment. You will be able to create multiple looks using this one jacket, because it will work well not only with straight kurtas, but also silk crop tops and even an anarkali to add another layer of glamour.
Shop at Shree to find not only the trendiest and most fashion forward options, but also the best prices and discounts!