Most people think that Indian dresses are very traditional and stereotypical; they feel that Indian outfits work only for Indian occasions or traditional situations. The truth of the matter is that Indian attires are a lot more versatile than any other outfit in the world – even the saree is being reimagined in the forms it is being used and the manner in which it is being draped.
When you come to Shree, you will discover a world that is nothing short of magical – there is something for literally every one – no matter your age group, no matter what your colour preferences, no matter what kind of fabric you are looking for, we are pretty sure that we have something to excite you! We boast of one of the largest collections of ethnic wear for women and we are able to offer exclusive and exquisite choices to our esteemed clientele, because we constantly have a finger on the pulse of the modern shopper. We know that the modern woman does not have time to fuss over clothes, but yet, she wants to be looking her elegant and stylish best, every time she steps out.
Browse through our collections and you will see that there are options to build an entire wardrobe, right here – all you need to do is have a keen eye and a willingness to interpret fashion in your own way. Just with our collection of kurtas and kurtis, you can have a look for almost every occasion; and what is great about these is that you can pair them with so many bottom wear options too!
Here are some combinations you can create with ease:
- With leggings – This perhaps remains the eternal favourite for women of all ages, simply because it is a classic look. Take any long or medium length kurta and you can wear it with a pair of leggings; whether you choose to pick a legging that matches or stands in contrast is something you get to choose. What is great about this pairing is that you can also play with the length of the leggings – go for a proper churidar style or ones that end at your ankles to provide a more fun and causal look.
- With salwars – When you team a kurta with a salwar, you can create a truly traditional look; one that will work really well for religious events, family occasions and even weddings. You can choose a long kurta and team it with a regular salwar or use a shorter kurti and match it with a Patiala salwar. This is an easy look to put together, when you are not in the mood for a saree, but still want to look Indian enough. As a matter of fact, several Westerners are also choosing these looks, for times when they want to play the demure Indian! For the times when you want to look really dressed up, all you need to do is add a really pretty dupatta and you are set.
- With jeans – This perhaps one of the most favourite look for most modern women, because it is the perfect amalgamation of Indian and Western. Jeans offer a level of comfort that few other bottom wear options offer – you have pockets to stash things away, but not everyone is comfortable with very short tops or tight t-shirts. For such women, teaming the beloved jean with really well fitting casual kurtis is a superb bet. There are several women who will pair the same pair of jeans with multiple kurtis and kurtas, simply because it works well. and there is the fact that you can dress it up or down with ease – add some stilettoes and you have a classy look, wear some Kolhapuri chappals and you are as Indian as it gets!
- With skirts – If you ever feel that kurtis are boring, a great way to jazz them up is by pairing them with skirts and it doesn’t matter what the length of the skirt is! As a matter of fact, the short kurta for women that you pick from ByShree will work really well with a knee length skirt! This is a wonderful look for when you want to look fun and casual – whether you are meeting with friends or headed to college. Alternately, you can pair a longer kurta with a longer skirt and if you choose a really glamourous kurta and skirt, you will have a look suitable for weddings and other special occasions.
- With palazzos – The palazzo has become a hot favourite for a lot of women these days and is perhaps another easy pairing with kurtas and kurtis. If your palazzo has a certain amount of movement to it, you can look for really pretty georgette kurtis, which will match the flow of the bottom wear. Cotton kurtas paired with cotton palazzos is such a lovely option for those summer outings, while a shorter version with palazzo pants is perfect for the days when you have to run around town, getting the day to day errands completed.
Now that we have seen how to create the right pairings, let’s also take a look at where all you can use these incredible outfit combinations:
- Office – As long as your office doesn’t not have a super strict Western wear only dress code, you can play around with kurtas and kurtis for office. Choose any long top for women from ByShree and you can pair it with a salwar or a legging or even palazzo pants. You can decide whether you want to add a dupatta or perhaps a stole during the winter months.
- College – When you are in college, you have so many chances to play around with your looks – wear a short sleeveless kurti with a long skirt and add some bohemian looking neck pieces. Or perhaps, you can wear a knee length kurta with some ripped jeans and add a short denim jacket to create a whimsical look.
- Parties and weddings – For weddings and parties, you can look for party wear kurtis that are designed to make you the centre of attention; with fabrics like silk and work like embroidery, you can be sure that you will have that classy and elegant look that you are aiming for. Look to team these designer kurtis and wedding kurtis with cigarette pants or silk skirts to create that haute couture look.
- Casual – As long as you have a really vibrant collection of kurtas and kurtis of different colours, fabrics and prints and patterns, you can create so many casual looks. Team it with a pair of jeans and you have the right look to go shopping, team the same kurta with a pair of palazzos and you can lounge around with your friends for an evening gossip session.
Shree has always strived to offer clothing options to women who know what they want and are not willing to compromise either on style or comfort. The fabrics for all our clothes are chosen with care, because even if you want to wear the outfit, all day long, you should be able to, all the while looking like the diva you are! Come to ByShree or visit any one of our multiple retail stores and experience our stunning collections and create that wardrobe that everyone will fall in love with!